We believe the gospel calls us to be a church that participates in the spiritual and physical healing of brokenness in order to display the Kingdom of God. Toward that end, Serve Richmond is one of the primary avenues by which we seek to bring about healing and redemption to all areas of life as we come alongside all those who call Richmond 'home' to promote true beauty and goodness in our city.
What is Serve Richmond?
Serve Richmond exists to build a great city, through a Gospel movement, for all people that brings community formation, economic development, and cultural renewal to Richmond.
- Gospel – the key to life change; our words and deeds must point people to Jesus
- City – the epicenter of culture and ideas
- Culture – change comes through service
- Ministry – a balance of proclamation, social justice, & community building
Where We Serve
- Freedom House Richmond
- Carytown Merchants Association
- The Gray Haven Project
- Shockoe Bottom Neighborhood Association
How We Serve
- Day-to-day Living: Our primary avenue of service to the city is carried out through our Community Groups. The groups seek to serve their specific communities regularly through service projects, meeting needs of neighbors, and building relationships.
- Large-Scale Events: We also organize corporate service projects throughout the city, partnering with other churches, organizations, and individuals to work towards economic development, community formation, and holistic renewal.